Happy Monday, everyone! I hope your week is off to a great start. If you're struggling to get motivated this week, perhaps one of the links below will be the extra nudge you need to get going!
DevRel Weekly Patreon
What Brings You Joy?
What gets me up in the morning for #DevRel is helping other people with their careers, whether that’s the dev community or DevRel teams or aspiring dev advocates. I get so much joy from seeing others’ success.
Building a Community Takes Time
Community-building takes time, sometimes years. If that’s not something you can get comfortable with, then you probably shouldn’t be starting a community.
Core Responsibilities of Community Management
If I had to boil community management down to three core responsibilities, it'd be:
1) Facilitate: Bring people together in a safe, supportive environment.
2) Participate: Show up and be helpful.
3) Sustain: Rituals or routines, call it whatever, just keep it going.
The 2022 Community-Led Report
Looking for the latest trends and highlights from 2021 as well as where the industry can still grow? Look no further than The 2022 Community-Led Report from Commsor.
Improve Your Community Experience Using a DIY Community Health Check
It's not enough to have a community platform. You also need to keep an eye on how healthy the community using the platform is. But how? Osioke Itseuwa and Justin DiRose have some ideas to share in this article. If you try this (or have other methods of tracking community health), I'd love to hear the outcome!
The best at creating technical content for developers and IT leaders. Trusted by Twilio, Salesforce, MongoDB, SolarWinds, and more. Schedule a call now.
DevRel Podcasts and Videos
- Helping Women in Tech Thrive with Cadran Cowansage - Masters of Community
- Should I Leave Facebook Groups? by Carrie Melissa Jones (video)
- Roadmaps, Headcount, Employee Training and more with Nicole Saunders - Peers over Beers
- The Roadmap to becoming a DevRel with Kelly Revenaugh and Brad McCoy (video)
- How to break into DevRel as a junior
- What does good swag look like? It looks like this... by Jono Bacon (video)
As 2022 kicks off, more events have been scheduled for the near and distant future. Some fabulous Ask Me Anything events have taken place already, so remember to check back here periodically to make sure you don't miss something!
We are an open-source company and the pulse of ZenML's community is our driving force. As a Developer Advocate, you will help us fulfill our mission by connecting with other developers, contributing to open-source, and sharing your knowledge and experience about ZenML and other leading technologies at conferences and meetups, in contributed articles, and on blogs, podcasts, and social media. Your work will foster a community inspired by ZenML and will drive our strategy around developer love and our participation in the open-source ecosystem.
Head of Developer Community
At Ethyca, we believe that privacy is a human right. We recently launched the world's first open-source privacy devtools to help engineers build systems with respect - a Privacy-as-Code approach that was called "astonishing" by the International Association of Privacy Professionals. We're seeking an experienced builder to help grow our fledgling privacy engineering community. You'll have scope to help define the community strategy and test the content, channels, and activations that resonate with our developer audience.
So many DevRel jobs out there. Why Retool?
- Existing strategy and reasonable expectations: craft your charter to do what you do best, show results, and stay sane
- A respectful, collaborative, and highly functional team, including community, docs, DevEx folks
- A product revered by developers and a highly engaged community: harnessing the love is basically low hanging fruit
Developer Relations Jobs
Have you been in your position for a while and looking to advance? We've seen several new Senior and Manager roles open up recently and added them here for you to check out.