There’s an interesting new podcast getting some traction in our space these days. The Frontier Podcast by Gun.io is an interview-style, commute-length conversation with host, Ledge, and a fantastic array of engineering leaders and innovators from across the industry. Many of the topics they cover are near and dear to my heart, so I’m excited that they’ve jumped on board as a DevRel Weekly sponsor.
Episode 33 is one of the first episodes I listened to. Ledge interviews David Feinman, CEO of Viral Ideas Marketing. They cover sustainable content versus viral content, why marketing and building relationships is the only way "if you build it, they will come" is even remotely possible, and more.
There's a great variety of topics covered in this week's list of podcasts! From 1:1 interviews to deep dives about burnout, event management, and proving the business value of your work, there's something for everyone. Let's dig in:
- The Legacy of Rachel Held Evans - The Daily. In a brief but prolific career, a young writer asked whether evangelical Christianity could change. In doing so, she changed it.
- Building Technical Communities with Mary Thengvall - Real World DevOps. Community building has been around for a very long time, so why are we suddenly acting like it’s a new thing?
- Conversations with Community Managers – Monique van den Berg - The CR. Monique shares how Atlassian thinks about community and how external validation from awards can help increase internal exposure for community programs.
- Meet Your New Work Wives - Relevant Experience Podcast. Regardless of where you’re at in your career, we’ll show you how aligning the personal and the professional is the key to doing your best work: that’s Relevant Experience.
- Preparing for Public Speaker Life (Or: Don't Burn Yourself Out) - Bits Of B. Public speaking is fun, but it can also be a cause of burnout in DevRel professionals. How do we focus our energy and choose where to spend our resources so we don't waste them?
- How Udemy Consistently Brings Value to the Company using Community - The C2C Podcast. The instructors on Udemy are key to the company’s success. James Dunbar shares how Udemy supports its huge community of online instructors.
- Todd Lewis, Founder of All Things Open - Conversations with Bacon. What goes into great events, how do you get the right balance of content and taking care of sponsors, and more.
- From Cult Survivor to Developer Advocate at AWS - freeCodeCamp. Cult survivor, activist, and developer advocate: Alejandra's journey into tech.